Before Getting Underway
- Put on your
life jacket and leave your alcohol behind.
- Check the weather forecast.
- File a float plan with a friend.
- Check your boat for all required safety
- Check your electrical system and fuel system for
- Follow manufacturers suggested procedures before
- Carry a navigation chart and know your waterway.
- Follow the navigation rules of the road, buoys
and other aids to navigation.
(the ugly facts)
|Never dive into lakes and rivers. Every year
in diving accidents more than 8,000 people suffer
paralyzing spinal cord injuries and another 5,000 die
before they reach the hospital. It's
all fun 'n games until someone bites it.